Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Eye Candy and a Contest

First the Eye Candy:



I got this package in the mail from this retailer in New York City. The yarn is Rowan Big Wool in the Gingersnap color. I'm kind of disappointed because I thought the color would be brighter but I've gotten used to it now. And like the last big scarf I made, this yarn will become a thick winter scarf. Though the color is not what I had expected, it is still appealing and this new scarf will match many of the outfits I have in my closet.

Contest

I'm not sure if I told you guys but my birthday is this Friday, August 17th. To celebrate this occasion, I have decided to host a contest. Here is your challenge:

You guys all know the day I was born, but can you guess the exact minute I was born?

The 2 individuals with the closest guess to the time that I was born will receive a special prize from me.

Leave your answer in the comments section to enter the contest.

The contest closes 12 pm Eastern Standard Time on August 17th and from then on I will determine the winner.

Good Luck to everyone!

7 comments:

sheep#100 said...

12:02 am

Happy birthday!

Adrienne said...

That yarn is really pretty!!! Happy Bday!

Anonymous said...

Fun, fun, a contest! My guess is 8:24 p.m.

I love the Rowan color.

Valerie Polichar said...

I'll guess 9:17 a.m.!

Anonymous said...

Have a wonderful birthday! I'm going to guess 2:47 p.m.

Anonymous said...

P.S. I can't wait to see the scarf you end up making. I live in sunny California but somedays I wish I lived where it was colder so I could wear the scarves I knit more often. :)

Anonymous said...

miam this yarn!!! and the scarf is nice =))))

wonderful birthday (a little late =()