Sunday, April 15, 2007

I Did It!



Last Friday I went to Purdue University Calumet to present my research. Don't I look professional? It was fun! I got to miss work for a day and even hung out with one of my favorite professors. He told me on the way back to Michigan that he and the other teachers believe that I have what it takes to go to graduate school and do a Masters, even a PhD! But we'll have to see about that. I have to admit though, doing research and teaching college students history does sound appealing.

The Debut

I present to you all Primavera:






(Click on images for larger, more detailed pictures)

This is the first pattern I've ever written, let alone published. Needless to say that I am very proud of it. Thanks Valerie for your suggestion in last post's comments. Your words inspired me to name this pattern Primavera. For those of you who do not know, "Primavera" is Spanish for "Spring." The reason why I called this pattern Primavera is because the yarn is green, which made me think of spring time for the whole time I knitted it. Plus, the lace pattern is called Foliage Lace from the Vogue Stitchionary, Vol. 2 and Spring is all about growth and vegetation. Lastly, the material of the yarn is cotton, which is perfect for warmer weather garments.

Now, seeing that this is my first published pattern, there may be mistakes. That's why this pattern is free (I'd be a complete narcissitic ass if I, a novice, charged you guys for this). Here's a link to the pattern and you can also access a free copy on my sidebar. Have fun with it!

6 comments:

meg said...

congrats on the presentation finishing the vest. it came out fab!

Saun said...

The vest is lovely. I will definitely try it out when I get a chance.

Make sure you mail a copy of the pattern to yourself and don't open the envelope when you get it. That way you'll have a "poor man's" copyright for your work.

gray la gran said...

yay! it's pretty! and the fit is perfect!!! it's really really cute too!!!

Valerie Polichar said...

I love the vest, the name and the color. Can't wait to check out the pattern. Great job!!

You look super-pro in your jacket and all above. I vote yes on a Master's, I think you have what it takes and are a deep thinker.

Anonymous said...

It is BEAUTIFUL! You did such a fantastic job & thanks for the free pattern (and I wouldn't think you a narcissistic ass, LOL)!

Anonymous said...

I'm frustrated: please tell us about your research. It was intriguing to pursue the links to Purdue U Calumet, but I must be deficient, cause I couldn't find your presentation. Is this shyness? Or just my limits in pursuing a link?
/ss/ Linda, keen on research