Monday, September 04, 2006

Out of Touch

It has been almost a week since I posted anything. I've just been so busy with school and work. I wish I had more time to work on this blog and knit but I simply don't right now. It's only the second week of school and already I'm stressed and have no time for anything.

Thankfully I've been knitting on my socks. I decided to give the surprise Knitty pattern a try. Here's my progress:




This is just sock number 1. The sock is simple stockinette in the foot and a 4 x 2 rib on the leg (cause stockinette gets so boring after awhile). So far I am satisfied with the results and now I am able to boast that I have the technique of a short row heel and toe under my belt.

My other knitting projects have fell to the wayside for now mainly because they aren't portable. Once I get my life under control, I will be working on them more often at home.


Resurgence of Knitting

Now that Labor Day has come and gone in the good ol’ US of A, it is now prime knitting season. Thank God! It was a pretty lazy summer and cotton and silk blends aren't my favorite materials to knit with. I love the new styles and current trends like cables and knitting focused on the stitch rather than the material. I remember looking at many pattern books in Argentina. Hand knit sweater are only cool because of the type of stitch you use (the more intricate the better) not the material you use (many yarns in Argentina are synthetic based or blends with synthetic materials). The trend is more comfortable than flashy, cozy not stiff and still very appealing. It should be a good time knitting this season everyone!

No comments: