Tuesday, July 01, 2008

I Love New York!

Came back from New York City last night. What a trip! I did everything that I could for the short 3 day trip. So much so that I am completly sleep-deprived, but in a good way. Most of the time was spent with family and friends. But I also got to do some very New York things like ride the subway, drive in rush hour traffic, and even go to a night club that played only dancehall, soca, and reggae music. I felt right at home with my Caribbean people, food, and culture.





As soon as I got off the plane, my mother, sisters, and I went to this fabulous Japaneese restaurant for lunch. Later on that day I went to see my grandmother, some cousins, and some aunts. The next day I went to see some more aunts and a very good friend of mine. Later on that night I went out to a club with my best friend. Can you tell that we had fun?



The next day I spent it with my very good friend all the way from Argentina. Guess where we went?







To the Empire State Building! I only mention this because just like her, this was my first time up there. Isn't that a shame? How many New Yorkers do you know that have never been on top of this building? I've traveled to Rio de Janeiro to visit O Cristo Redentor (Christ the Redeemer) statue and Machu Picchu in Peru but I've never been to the Empire State building until this past Monday. I'm sure there are people who live in Rio de Janeiro that have never stepped foot on Corcovado to see the Jesus Christ statue but have been to the Empire State building. I guess in the end, we never really appreciate what we have till we loose it.



I had a great time showing my friend the city. We haven't seen each other in 2 years and the only reason she was able to come up here is because she won $5000 pesos in this contests that a Spanish bank called Banco Santander was having in Argentina. I would have done the same thing. I mean how often does a person get that much money at one time? I'm just glad she came. We only spent a few hours together, but I enjoyed ever momemnt. Siempre estara en mi corazon. Es muy buena esa chica.

But alas, even though I love NYC, there are just certain things about it that I can't live with anymore. Like how dirty everything is. Or how expensive living there could be. So in the end, even though I don't see myself moving back to my hometown, New York will always be in my heart.

I did get some knitting done on the plane but sorry, no pictures today. I do have a great surprise to show you guys but that will be later. Right now I really need to rest up. Traveling can really drain you man.

3 comments:

Virtuous said...

I knew you would have a fab trip to your old stompin' grounds NYC!

Yep I only like it for visiting too! :o)

Thanks for sharing your trip!

Nik said...

I lived in chicago all my life and never really got to experience it. Never been to the famous Sears Tower. Never really got to experience the downtown life. When people ask me about "tourist-y" things to do , I can't even answer their questions. Where I grew up, going downtown was for the fancy, rich folks.

Carol said...

que lindo lo pasaste que mejor manera de alegrar la vida que una visita a los amigos y la familia!!! wauuu el Empire State que edificio!!

Tu amiga y tu salen super bien el la foto, se ve que es una chica muy simpatica al igual que tu mamá...

cariños y que tengas un hermoso día..