Thursday, August 21, 2008

Since Last Post...

Lots of things have happened in my life. So much so that I will share them with you in bullet form.

    I quit my day job this past Wednesday. I am so FUCKING excited about that (sorry had to curse for joy there). I have accepted a position at the country prosecutor's office as a caseworker. In the interim, I will work on my nutrition business and even do some translation work on the side to keep things interesting for me.

    I turned 24 years old this past Sunday. My family drove all the way from New York City to see me. My grandmother baked me a cake and made yellow rice. We grilled salmon, had many salads, and had a good time. I did not feel like a foreigner in Indiana with my family here. It was great!

    Tomorrow is Stitches Midwest and I scored a bus ticket to go. Now I can spend more of my money on yarn than on gas. Perfect! I am meeting some new knitters and do intend to splurge. Down US economy or not, I intend to have some expensive fun.

    We started the renovation of our home. We're starting with the easiest room in the house--the office. We have most of the plaster off the walls and we have to clean up and get the electrical work done. We have been taking it slow. No rush. I like it that way.

    I have been knitting somewhat. A plain sock and some not so plain socks. I plan on bringing both of them to Stitches tomorrow.


Anyway, off to bed I go. If you're going to Stitches, holla at me. If not, tell me what are your plans for this weekend? Take care!

4 comments:

noblinknits said...

Have a great time. Definitely splurge on the yarn. This weekend is my 5th wedding anniversary so we are going out to dinner (great for me) and going camping (more his idea).

I am saving up for the knitting and stitching show in October as I plan to spend big!

Sarah said...

Congrats on the new job!!

Anonymous said...

Hey! I found your blog!

Stitches was huge fun. I'm taking a computer break from reorganizing my knitting room and stash.

Back to petting the new yarns.

Kallie

Virtuous said...

Congrats on your new job!! :o)

Happy Belated Birthday!!

Ooh! You gotta show us what you bought at Stitches :oD

Glad all is well with you!